You know that time of year when everyone comes together to share and celebrate? No, not the holidays… it’s the IAAPA Attractions Expo! #IAE16 for short.
This year the theme is Every Experience Matters, and you owe it yourself to experience as much as possible! The trade show, education, special events, did I mention education?
Here are some of the sessions I am looking forward to:
- HR Matters: Developing A Culture For Your Facility
- HR Matters: Performance Feedback – Tricks of the Trade
- HR Matters: The Big Recruitment Workshop
- HR Matters: HR for Non-HR Managers
- HR Matters: Employee Recognition Program Ideas Across the Industry of Fun
- HR Matters: Designing the Ultimate Employee Experience
Are you noticing a trend? Yeah, I’m all about the peoples. Here are the sessions I’ll be involved with, either speaking or moderating:
- HR Matters: Tools for Managing the Transition from Frontline Employee to Supervisor
- IAAPA Institute for Attractions Managers
- IAAPA Human Resources Symposium: Making Every HR Experience Matter
- CEO Speaks
The moral of the story is, if you can’t find HR tools and resources during the Expo, you aren’t really trying!
By the way, my session, HR Matters: Tools for Managing the Transition from Frontline Employee to Supervisor approaches this topic from an organizational standpoint. The intended audience are those responsible for helping and guiding others through the transition.
As a little primer, here is what some of the attendees at the World Waterpark Association conference in October had to say about their biggest challenges with new Supervisors. We’ll be addressing a number of these challenges in our session at IAAPA.
If you would like to meet up and chat at the Expo, let me know – I’ll be there all week! You know the Expo is a great time to start strategizing about next year, so let’s start talking about how to better train and coach your leaders in 2017!
Here are some things we can talk about:
Hope to see you all soon!
Thanks for reading!