Yes, it’s time for CNC17 (coaster nerd con), where two buddies and I descend on one particular area of the country and begin an epic roller coaster road trip. This year’s trip will kick off June 24th in Minneapolis.
This year, it seems like every stop is EXTRA special:
- Valleyfair and Mall of America – I used to work at both of these places. When I worked at the Mall, the park inside was called Knott’s Camp Snoopy, and was managed by Cedar Fair. It has since been rebranded as Nickelodeon Universe.
- World’s of Fun and Adventureland – None of us have been to these parks and we LOVE visiting new places.
- Silver Dollar City, Six Flags Over Texas and Six Flags Fiesta Texas – 8 words: Outlaw Run, The New Texas Giant, Iron Rattler. Enough said.
Here is our route in case you want to follow along or if you are ON the route and want to say HI! (We do allow tag-a-longs, as long as you are willing to ride the coasters over and over and over again!)
And you can bet your sweet bippy that we’ll not only be evaluating the airtime and lateral G’s on the coasters, but we’ll also be making notes about guest service, food, cleanliness, etc. In other words, the whole enchilada (and maybe one of those, too)!
While I’m gone, I have an assignment for you. Take a good look at you and your leadership team. What do you need? What will help take you or your team’s leadership to the next level (or just help you get through the season)?
If it’s something I offer (like the list of links below), give me a shout and we’ll chat! Even if it’s not, let me know and I will help you find the resource(s) you need. That’s how I Help Leaders Lead!
- Mastermind program (peer coaching)
- Individual Leadership Coaching
- Guest service evaluation
- Virtual Workshop (aka lunch and learn)
- Ongoing supervisor development
See you on the midway – thanks for reading!!
DON’T LET YOUR EMPLOYEES BURNOUT THIS SEASON!!
You can prepare your supervisors to identify and eliminate burnout before it happens – but you have to start NOW! The Myth of Employee Burnout Supervisor Development Program was designed with your busy schedule in mind!
“I am super excited about the Myth class. I have noticed a marked improvement in my supervisors who took the course. Their interactions with the employees they supervise have improved. They have a sense of purpose and belonging. The time spent in class definitely advanced their skills to the next level.”
— Sam Gage, Director of Operations, Silverwood Theme Park
Click here, or the picture below to learn more!!